Thursday, May 21, 2009

And then it rained...

Weather is a great metaphor for life - sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, and there's nothing much you can do about it but carry an umbrella.
~Pepper Giardino~


Picture by: Sally Munro
I officially have ten days until exams start! How on earth did that happen? Last time I checked exams were weeks away and I had plenty of time to finish my end-of-term essays and start studying. But as I have found out there is nothing more sneaky at Rhodes then exams!
With three essays and a radio show to do before I can even think about exams the forecast for the next ten days is looking pretty grim....
I have spent the last few nights up at the radio lab with my team Classy Colours trying to get our show ready for the practice run that we had today with our tutor. Sleep seems to be a distant memory and both the radio and writing labs at the journalism deptartment are beginning to resemble scenes from a zombie movie as students who have not slept in days fumble about in an attempt to complete work by the dreaded deadline (Appropriate name if you ask me!).

Tonight I'm taking a break from the journ only to start my politics essay on Athenian democracy which is due Monday. Ah the life of a student.....sometimes I really do think studying is harder than working! And to top it all off on my way back from Pick n Pay (I went to get yummy supplies to get me through the peckish hours around 3 in the morning) I passed all these people who are going out tonight.....how I ask you? Don't they have work? Or am I just slow!?
When I got back to my room my friend Janine had emailed me some photo's of a thunderstorm that passed over Cape Town this morning they instantly brightened up my day as they are gorgeous! I also found the quote which made me realise that there will always be good and bad weather and all you can do is invest in a good umbrella!

So it is with that in mind that I have decided that I am going to stop moaning about all the work I have left to do and just get on with it! Because you know what the old saying says when it rains it pours.......so I guess I'm going to give dancing in the rain I try! Wish me luck!

No comments: