Sunday, July 5, 2009

Up to speed

I am officially a free agent! For about the last month I have been clocking major hours in the library and cramming my head full of streams of information in order to face the dreaded exams.......and now they are finally over! To be exact technically I finished on the 20th June already :) So all I have to do now is cross my fingers and hope that I passed all my exams!!!!!!

And as most students do I spent the first 24 hours after my exams partying it up with my friends in Grahamstown one last time before we all parted ways for the holiday. After a quick 10 day stop at home I flew to Johannesburg where I got to spend almost an entire day mulling around O.R Tambo airpot. Not exactly my idea of fun but arriving at Heathrow on 1st July and seeing my sister was well worth the waiting :)

So as you might have already guessed I am on holiday in London visiting my sister and catching up with friends! It's been an extremely busy weekend with my sister's boyfriend, Luke, passing out on Friday in Plymouth at the H.M.S Raleigh. Don't worry huh? was also my first reaction when I was told that almost straight after getting off the plane I was to board a train for 4 hours to get to Plymouth to attend a passing out ceremony. Basically Luke has joined the British Navy and a passing out ceremony is his graduation from basic training.

After a quick 24 hours in Plymouth I had to shoot back to London to organise the final few details for my trip to Claire's wedding which was on Saturday. The journey back to London almost went pear shaped when I nearly missed by train because we lost track of time at supper and then I (like an idot) went to the wrong platform. Likely I run fast when I need to and still made the train. All in all despite the hardly anytime to breathe I am having a blast being back in London.

Well I think that just about brings you all up to speed on me and the happenings in my world. I took loads of photos at both the wedding and the passing out which I will be posting tomorrow once I have sorted them out. And I am still in London until the 22nd July so I intend to have heaps more photos and stories to share with you all soon! So watch this space!

No comments: