Sunday, September 28, 2008

Welcome


Welcome to my humble blog.


I’m afraid as you can see it is a work in progress but I promise you as soon as I find a uber geek to help me I will pimp it out for you all. So for now you will have to put up with my minimalistic amateur attempts.


For all of you out there reading this who do not know me. My name is Tarryn but you can all call me Savy (it’s a long story involving Pirates of the Caribbean and lots of beer). I am a Journalism and Media Studies student at Rhodes University in South Africa. I live in a mud hut and have a lion for a pet! Hehehe only jokes! I am in fact a regular student living in residence and working my ass off to make it into the 2nd year of Journalism so that I can study photojournalism.
You may be wondering why I would call my blog ‘Drawing Life with Light’ well the word “photography” based on the Greek φώς (phos) "light" + γραφίς (graphis) "stylus", "paintbrush" or γραφή (graphê) "drawing", together meaning "drawing with light." Hence my love for photography resulted in drawing life with light.


Photography is not the only thing that interests me. I also enjoy painting, politics, music, learning about ancient civilizations and people. Yes, people. I am fascinated by people: how we differ, how we think and why we do the things we do. So stick around and visit every so often to have a read and find out how life as a student is going and what it happening in the little old town of Grahamstown.

No comments: